Elijah has been past 18months old already. Worried about MMR and the link with autism...although there's no scienific proof but just can't help it as a parent. Anyway Elijah is 20months old already and he's well these days. Think I better act fast...go for MMR vaccination before he catches any bout of flu and we're going for our trip in Dec.
Well...the day started off as per normal to ah ma's house late though....Daddy's alarm failed hehehehe. Thankfully no invigilation. Called Toh Yi Clinic at 8am sharp for a no. It started pouring heavily...sighz. Nevermind if needed to I shall carrier him. But alas 3 calls and noone picked up. Finally got through.....no. 11 it was. Was shocked that it was already no 11. Well..good thing and the great thing was that doc would arrive at 9am so at least not such long waiting time. Ooh well...called again at 9.15am...it was still at no.1. Called again at 9.45am...it was at no. 6. Thought I'll do my leisure walk down with Elijah's pram. Well....put on our cap incase it starts dizzling again. He was such a cutie...he pulled out his cap initially...but ah ma told him it was raining so must keep his cap on. Afterthat, he never removed it till I reached the clinic and helped him with it.
Upon reaching, I looked at the no...no. 9 already. That was fast. Guess some nos were skipped as pple were not around. Elijah quietly stayed in his pram. Thankfully there was a fishtank of gold fish to keep him entertained. It was great. We didn't have to wait very long but the clinic was moderately crowded. Saw this mother and son...they were no. 22. Poor thing..it's gonna be a long wait for them.
Ooh soon it was our turn. Kept telling Elijah before hand we were going to see Dr Yap not Dr Ong. I reminded him of Dr Yap's toys so he knew exactly who he was going to see. Once we entered the room, Elijah's eyes brightened up....think he really was distracted with the no of toys. The 1st thing Dr Yap did was to whipe up a toy and placed in front of Elijah while we had our chat. I decided that it was going to be a simple MMR jab not the new one....the one without chicken pox vaccine. Think I won't really jab him fo chicken pox. My idea is that once U get it...get it over and done with.
For MMR, if there's fever arising, it would only show up 1 week later. So great....Lucas's party would not be affected by this vaccine. YEAH! When it was time for the jab, Dr Yap asked me to sit Elijah on my thigh and clamp his right feet with my thigh. He again whipped up 1 of the toy that when U pressed it turned and turned with a choo choo train turning inside. I pressed lots for Elijah. holding on to his right hand. Viola.....seconds later before Elijah could react...Dr Yap gave the vaccination. Afterwhich Elijah looked over the right side..think he must have felt the pain alittle. (Dr Yap said the previous were intramuscular not so painful...this is the 1st intravenous injection so more painful.) No tears or whinning throughout the whole session. Dr Yap immediately said...what what...pretended nothing happened.
Dr Yap is fantastic with kids. Previously at Aglow, before Dr Ong even inserted the needle, Elijah would be in tears already. Think he could sense injection coming.
Well, basically Dr Yap rocks. Think we're going to stick to Dr Yap for good. Reasonable priced and good esp since he's not a PD. Tis great we found a good doc and near ah ma's house so super convenient. YEAH! :)
Although I will miss going to United Square coz of Toy R Us and the rabbits, but I do think Dr Yap handles kids alot better for that guess we have to give United Square a miss.
NO MORE CRYING ELIJAH!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment